DR RapidFire Log Splitter
Pro-XL Model, Electric Start
The top of the line! With splitting power equivalent to a 34-Ton hydraulic splitter, and a blazing cycle time of just 3 seconds, this is the fastest log splitter available anywhere! Add the steel work table option for efficient wood handling and greater productivity.
One Log, One Second!
Ordinary log splitters are slow…painfully slow. Because they use hydraulics to gradually force a log to split. The DR RapidFire harnesses the power of two massive flywheels and a rack and pinion system to pop logs open at a rapid clip. And it's instantly ready to reload. No more waiting...the DR RapidFire will work as fast as you can feed it!
Kinetic Log Splitting
Instead of hydraulics, the DR RapidFire Log Splitter uses kinetic energy. Our unique Pulse Power System—consisting of twin flywheels (weighing 75 lbs each), and a commercial grade rack and pinion system—is the source of the power and the speed that makes the Rapid-Fire the fastest log splitter available.
The two massive flywheels act like a giant battery, but instead of storing electricity, they store mechanical energy. Their spinning weight is a force multiplier, accumulating energy created by the engine in between splits, then releasing it in a sudden burst. Any log is simply overmatched!
What's the "tonnage"?
When most of us comparison shop for log splitters, we look to tonnage. And we assume that the higher the tonnage, the more powerful the splitter. With conventional hydraulic splitters increased tonnage compensates for the slow nature of the hydraulic ram. The DR® RapidFire™ is different, and because we've replaced hydraulics with the Pulse Power System, we don't talk in terms of tonnage. The RapidFire™ uses speed and force to split more efficiently. Our testing has consistently shown that the PRO-XL model will easily out-split any conventional 34-Ton hydraulic splitter. And it will do it a whole lot faster!
Watch Both Rapidfire Videos!
Pulse Power System™
1. SPINNING AT OVER 400 RPM, each perfectly-balanced flywheel weighs-in at a hefty 74-lbs. The combined weight creates on-demand power for the splitter. It's a simple but ingenious design inspired by mill machinery of America's industrial heyday! That was machinery that was built to last and so are these heavy-duty flywheels.
2. FIVE POUNDS OF INDUSTRIAL STEEL form the heart of the Pulse Power System™. The pinion gear undergoes two hardening processes to add durability and long life. The gear shown here has split over 500 cords of wood and is still in great working condition.
3. ENGAGE THE HANDLE and the rack locks in with the whirring pinion gear, propelling the hardened-steel ram forward. It's up to 6 times faster than using hydraulics and there's more than enough force to overcome the resistance of the densest hardwoods. It's the same proven technology employed by cog railways for over 150 years!
DR Rapid-Fire Log Splitter Features Include:
Cutting-Edge Power Plant
The 6 HP high-tech chain driven, overhead cam
Subaru engine produces 8.34 ft. lbs. torque for all-day power and low vibration.
With ordinary splitters you are tethered to the machine so you can return the ram to its starting position. The RapidFire retracts automatically, leaving your hands free to handle the wood.
Easy to Maneuver
16" DOT-approved all-terrain tires roll easily, getting your machine wherever you need it. Road towable at up to 45 mph.
Optional Steel Work Table
Add the optional steel work table to your RapidFire and eliminate stooping down to pick up split logs. After a log is split, the pieces remain at a comfortable working height, so there's no need to bend down to retrieve them for a second split.
Power and reliability make it a clear winner
The RapidFire has what it takes to take on a seriously heavy workload. How does it stand up in the toughest commercial use?
Trucking Depot Delivery
- We ship to thousands of trucking terminals across the U.S. During checkout, submit your zip code to see a list of the trucking depots closest to your location.
- When picking up at depot, you will need a pickup truck or trailer to accommodate your machine. Most depots will load your machine into your vehicle.
- The business you select must have a loading and off-loading facility and accept delivery during normal business hours. You must make arrangements with the business to accept your delivery.
- Business locations could include feed stores, lumber yards, building supply centers, etc.
Standard Home Delivery
- Your home must be accessible by tractor-trailer*, and someone must be home to accept delivery.
- The truck driver is not required to unload your shipment. Additional fees will apply if the driver unloads your machine.
- On the day of delivery, we recommend you have a couple of sturdy 10-foot planks (2" thick x 10" wide, minimum) plus three helpers to help you remove the machine from the truck.
Enhanced Home Delivery
- Your machine will be removed from the truck by the driver and placed on the ground.
- Someone must be home to accept delivery and your home or driveway must be accessible to a tractor trailer*.
- Rush delivery is not available on freight shipments. We ship best method, depending on the delivery method you choose and your location.
- For both standard home delivery and our enhanced home delivery option, after we process your order and it leaves our factory, the freight company will call you to schedule a delivery time. The carrier will usually provide a 3-4 hour delivery window (for example, 8 am to noon).
- If the package arrives damaged, you must note it on the bill of lading. If your machine arrives damaged, call DR customer service at 1-800-376-9637 as soon as possible.
- You can also pick up your machine for free at a DR Factory Store. We have stores in Merrimack, NH, New Castle, DE, and Vergennes, VT. Please call us in advance, toll free at 1-800-687-6575 to make arrangements.
- * A driveway is considered accessible to a tractor trailer if it a) has no overhanging trees, b) has no power lines, c) contains no culverts or bridges, and d) will allow the truck to make a full turn-around. If the driveway isn't accessible the delivery will be made at the base of the driveway.
Response From Tech Support: We’re sorry that the RapidFire Splitter didn’t work out for you. We do appreciate you posting about it though! Rest assured that we are looking into it and will resolve the issue you experienced.
Please feel free to contact our Tech Support department toll free at 1-800-687-6575 if you have any questions or concerns.
We welcome the opportunity to earn your trust again.
DR RapidFire Log Splitter
Pro-XL Model, Electric Start
Thank you for your inquiry.
I hope this adequately answers your question and if you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you for your inquiry.