DR Wood Chipper/Shredder
Harness your tractor's power for chipping and shredding. Takes branches up to 4-1/2" thick. Garden waste is pulverized by 48 free-swinging hammers.
Harness the Power of your Tractor!
Our 3-point Hitch model Chipper Shredder instantly turn tree branches up to 4-1/2" thick into bushels of beautiful wood chip mulch. But these machines are also powerful shredders, with 48 free-swinging hammers that pulverize weeds, prunings up to 1-1/2" thick, and garden refuse to create nutrient-rich mulch and compost for gardens and flower beds.
- Product Summary:
- For Category 1, 3-Point hitch tractors
- 4-1/2" Chipping Capacity; 1-1/2" Shredding Capacity
- 20"x20" Shredding Hopper
- 4-1/8" tool grade steel chipping knife
- 48 free-swinging hammers pulverize gathered materials
- Solid, welded steel construction
- Large, low-profile hopper for easy filling
- 2-year warranty (90 days commercial use)
- Weight: 420 lbs.
Learn more about Our 3-point Hitch model Chipper Shredder.
Trucking Depot Delivery
- We ship to thousands of trucking terminals across the U.S. During checkout, submit your zip code to see a list of the trucking depots closest to your location.
- When picking up at depot, you will need a pickup truck or trailer to accommodate your machine. Most depots will load your machine into your vehicle.
- The business you select must have a loading and off-loading facility and accept delivery during normal business hours. You must make arrangements with the business to accept your delivery.
- Business locations could include feed stores, lumber yards, building supply centers, etc.
Standard Home Delivery
- Your home must be accessible by tractor-trailer*, and someone must be home to accept delivery.
- The truck driver is not required to unload your shipment. Additional fees will apply if the driver unloads your machine.
- On the day of delivery, we recommend you have a couple of sturdy 10-foot planks (2" thick x 10" wide, minimum) plus three helpers to help you remove the machine from the truck.
Enhanced Home Delivery
- Your machine will be removed from the truck by the driver and placed on the ground.
- Someone must be home to accept delivery and your home or driveway must be accessible to a tractor trailer*.
- Rush delivery is not available on freight shipments. We ship best method, depending on the delivery method you choose and your location.
- For both standard home delivery and our enhanced home delivery option, after we process your order and it leaves our factory, the freight company will call you to schedule a delivery time. The carrier will usually provide a 3-4 hour delivery window (for example, 8 am to noon).
- If the package arrives damaged, you must note it on the bill of lading. If your machine arrives damaged, call DR customer service at 1-800-376-9637 as soon as possible.
- You can also pick up your machine for free at a DR Factory Store. We have stores in Merrimack, NH, New Castle, DE, and Vergennes, VT. Please call us in advance, toll free at 1-800-687-6575 to make arrangements.
- * A driveway is considered accessible to a tractor trailer if it a) has no overhanging trees, b) has no power lines, c) contains no culverts or bridges, and d) will allow the truck to make a full turn-around. If the driveway isn't accessible the delivery will be made at the base of the driveway.
DR Wood Chipper/Shredder
The PTO Shaft is shown in all pictures, can I assume that it is included with the Chipper / Shredder?
I've read that the chipper/shredder discharges only downwards, and yet "the two functions are physically separate". Is it not possible to use an extended chute on the chipping portion? I am used to a design that chips the log into the flail-shredder part to be discharged and cannot be redirected. When chipping a large pile of branches the chipper has to be moved frequently, or I have to stop and rake the pile of chips out from under the machine. This is a time-consuming step and a pain if I want to bag or move the new mulch to a garden.
How high from ground level is top of shredder hopper?
If I put material into the chipper hopper, will it come out as a chipped material? Can I then put that material into the shredder hopper and get shredded material?
Wil the 3 PT chippper/Shredder be compatible with the John Deere Series 100 1026R compacttractor, or would I need a larger tractor?
Literature states that the hopper opening is 20x20. I assume that's measured at the top of the hopper. What is the opening at the bottom of the hopper to the hammer chamber?
Interested in the 3 point chipper-shreder !
I recently moved back to the family farm and see how bad the pasture has overgrown with brush. The main things that are needing cleared are sumac, autumn olive, and multiflora rose. By reading over a few reviews here, I see that there may be a potential of clogging this machine with these types of brush, especially if it is green. This unit seems to be made very similar to the 3-point chipper that you also manufacutre. Please let me know otherwise, but the difference is that this chipper/shredder has a second stage in it that pulverises the chippings possibly by some sort of swinging chains or prong like teeth. Since this unit has the second stage in it, would it be less likely to clog up on greener, leafier brush? I am just interested in chipping this brush up into piles that can later be burned to dispose of, would both of these chippers give me an equal result of what I need done, or would one be better than the other, and why?