DR Roto-Hog™ Rototiller
Pro Model, Tow-Behind (Manual-Start)
Tilling has never been this easy! The DR® Roto-Hog™ tiller lets you cultivate a 3' wide path and even make precise changes to tine depth – all from the comfort of your towing vehicle.
Till while you ride, 3-feet wide!
Tow the Roto-Hog Power Tiller behind your ATV, riding mower, or tractor and you'll break ground and turn soil faster and easier than you ever thought possible! The DR does the hard work while you ride in comfort and adjust the tilling depth by remote control.
Unlike walk-behind tillers, the DR® Roto-Hog Power Tiller doesn't divide its engine power between moving the machine forward and turning the tines. The full power of its overhead valve Briggs & Stratton engine (9.00 ft/lbs torque) is dedicated to the real task at hand, tilling the soil. Your tow vehicle takes care of the propulsion, and with its weight, actually holds the tiller back to create maximum churn (and prevents the tiller from lurching forward as walk-behinds often do).
The result is the DR® Roto-Hog Power Tiller will till unbroken ground, including tough sod, in a fraction of the time required by any walk-behind tiller. Even better, it is twice as wide as most ordinary tillers and applies twice the tine coverage. That means faster, more thorough tilling, with none of the strain associated with tillers that require sheer strength to control them. Instead, you just ride and relax.
- Product Summary:
- Engine: Brigss & Stratton 900 Series OHV, 9.0 ft. lbs. torque
- Tilling Specs: 36" wide, up to 7.5" deep (variable
- Battery-powered actuator controls tilling depth by remote control.
- Shock absorbing hitch absorbs jolts for a smoother ride
- Engine: 2 years residential, 90 days commercial
- Machine: 2 years residential, 90 days commercial
DR Rototillers - Tow-Behind Series
Thanks to tow-behind convenience, auto-depth adjustment, and dedicated power, tilling is easy with the DR ROTO-HOG Power Tiller. And thanks to rugged engineering and proven technology, that performance will deliver a great garden year after year.
Exclusive Features of DR Roto-Hog Rototillers
The Actuator raises and lowers the wheels, which in turn raise and lower the tines. A holding force of 250 pounds assures the tilling depth remains where you set it. The Actuator is powered by a 12-volt, 17-amp battery that will raise/lower the machine over 100 times on a single charge.
The Remote Control allows you to make precise adjustments to your tilling depth, turn the Spreader Attachment on and off, and raise/lower the Culti-packer Attachment without leaving your towing vehicle. And, on the Electric-Starting model, you can start and stop the engine with the Remote Control.
24 Bolo Tines
Forged of tough tempered steel, these tines spin at over 230 rpm to dig up to 7-1/2" deep and mix soil completely. The intricately designed sweeps and curves of each tine minimize the wrapping of vegetation.
Transfers full power from the engine to the tines. Shear pins on the tine shaft are designed to break if the tines hit an immovable object, to protect the engine and engine shaft from damage. (Four extra shear pins are included and they are simple to install. No tools required.)
Our unique hitch absorbs shocks and jolts so that minimal forward motion from the tiller is transmitted to the towing vehicle for smoother and easier operation.
Extra Heavy-Duty Steel Frame
This frame is built to last under punishing conditions. Made of 1-1/2" square tubing and 12-gauge steel. Baked on powder coat finish resists corrosion.
The tires are 14" in diameter and 5-1/2" wide for easy rolling during transport.
Trucking Depot Delivery
- We ship to thousands of trucking terminals across the U.S. During checkout, submit your zip code to see a list of the trucking depots closest to your location.
- When picking up at depot, you will need a pickup truck or trailer to accommodate your machine. Most depots will load your machine into your vehicle.
- The business you select must have a loading and off-loading facility and accept delivery during normal business hours. You must make arrangements with the business to accept your delivery.
- Business locations could include feed stores, lumber yards, building supply centers, etc.
Standard Home Delivery
- Your home must be accessible by tractor-trailer, and someone must be home to accept delivery.
- The truck driver is not required to unload your shipment. Additional fees will apply if the driver unloads your machine.
- On the day of delivery, we recommend you have a couple of sturdy 10-foot planks (2" thick x 10" wide, minimum) plus three helpers to help you remove the machine from the truck.
Enhanced Home Delivery
- Your machine will be removed from the truck by the driver and placed on the ground.
- Someone must be home to accept delivery and your home or driveway must be accessible to a tractor trailer.
- Rush delivery is not available on freight shipments. We ship best method, depending on the delivery method you choose and your location.
- For both standard home delivery and our enhanced home delivery option, after we process your order and it leaves our factory, the freight company will call you to schedule a delivery time. The carrier will usually provide a 3-4 hour delivery window (for example, 8 am to noon).
- If the package arrives damaged, you must note it on the bill of lading. If your machine arrives damaged, call DR customer service at 1-800-376-9637 as soon as possible.
- You can also pick up your machine for free at a DR Factory Store. We have stores in Merrimack, NH, New Castle, DE, and Vergennes, VT. Please call us in advance, toll free at 1-800-687-6575 to make arrangements.