DR Lawn Aerator
8.00 FPT, Manual-Start
Take your lawn to the next level with regular aeration. The DR is a pro-style coring aerator, that pulls 2-3" plugs to channel moisture and nutrients to the roots.
Here's how aeration fits into an optimal lawn care program:
1. Aerate twice a year!
Frequency may vary depending on soil, grass type, and climate. But in most areas, core aerating twice a year is one of the best things you can do for your lawn.
2. Mow with sharp blades.
Dull blades tear your grass, making it more vulnerable to disease. Obey the "one-third rule."
3. Don't cut more than a third of the grass' height at a time.
Mowing short makes for a tidy look, but the lower you mow, the more herbicides and water are needed. Mowing higher encourgages roots to grow deeper.
4. Water deeply, but infrequently.
Overwatering promotes thatch, encourages shallow root growth, and wastes water. About 1" per watering is a good rule of thumb (put out a tuna can and sprinke until it's full). Frequency: when footprints on the grass remain compressed it's time to water again. Daily watering is rarely necessary.
5. Mulch, don't bag.
Not only does this save effort on your part, it returns valuable nitrogen and other nutrients to your lawn.
6. Go easy on the fertilizer!
Not all homeowners fertilize, but those who do have a strong tendency to overdo it. Fertilizer stimulates fast growth, thatch and the need for more mowing, which you don't want (after all, the goal is to have a beautiful and heathy lawn, not to create an arduous lawncare regimen!). And too much fertilizer just runs off, washing into streams and lakes.
7. Stay on top of the weeds.
This doesn't necessarily mean using chemicals. Thick, healthy turf, once established, will tend to choke out weeds. If you only have the odd weed poking through, pull it by hand. And don't jump to full area treatments if you only have a few spot problems.
CAST IRON CRANKSHAFT
The cast-iron crankshaft synchronizes the tines. Each tine is precisely angled to cleanly extract a 5/8" diameter plug of soil and automatically eject it. The tines literally "walk" the machine across your lawn.
How can a coring aerator build turf and lead to a greener lawn?
Aeration is an important piece of a superior lawn maintenance program, and the one that is most often neglected. Coring reduces compaction—the primary obstacle to healthy grass—allowing your lawn to breathe, absorb water and nutrients, and extend its root system.
The 205cc Briggs & Stratton OHV engine provides 8 Ft-lbs Torque to the cam shaft drive. Available in manual or electric start, these engines are manufactured for extended life and smooth operation on the first start and the 500th.
GENTLE TURF TIRES
Steel rims and solid rubber tires provide necessary traction without leaving behind treadmarks. Because self-propelled drive comes from the cams themselves these tires can be smoother than on ordinary outdoor power equipment. The result is a neater looking lawn after aeration.
The DR Lawn Aerator sets a comfortable pace moving at 2.5mph as soon as you engage the bail handle. Power from the engine is focused on the unique cam engine that propels the unit and drives the coring tubes. Manuevarability is easier than larger industrial units.
Trucking Depot Delivery
- We ship to thousands of trucking terminals across the U.S. During checkout, submit your zip code to see a list of the trucking depots closest to your location.
- When picking up at depot, you will need a pickup truck or trailer to accommodate your machine. Most depots will load your machine into your vehicle.
- The business you select must have a loading and off-loading facility and accept delivery during normal business hours. You must make arrangements with the business to accept your delivery.
- Business locations could include feed stores, lumber yards, building supply centers, etc.
Standard Home Delivery
- Your home must be accessible by tractor-trailer*, and someone must be home to accept delivery.
- The truck driver is not required to unload your shipment. Additional fees will apply if the driver unloads your machine.
- On the day of delivery, we recommend you have a couple of sturdy 10-foot planks (2" thick x 10" wide, minimum) plus three helpers to help you remove the machine from the truck.
Enhanced Home Delivery
- Your machine will be removed from the truck by the driver and placed on the ground.
- Someone must be home to accept delivery and your home or driveway must be accessible to a tractor trailer*.
- Rush delivery is not available on freight shipments. We ship best method, depending on the delivery method you choose and your location.
- For both standard home delivery and our enhanced home delivery option, after we process your order and it leaves our factory, the freight company will call you to schedule a delivery time. The carrier will usually provide a 3-4 hour delivery window (for example, 8 am to noon).
- If the package arrives damaged, you must note it on the bill of lading. If your machine arrives damaged, call DR customer service at 1-800-376-9637 as soon as possible.
- You can also pick up your machine for free at a DR Factory Store. We have stores in Merrimack, NH, New Castle, DE, and Vergennes, VT. Please call us in advance, toll free at 1-800-687-6575 to make arrangements.
- * A driveway is considered accessible to a tractor trailer if it a) has no overhanging trees, b) has no power lines, c) contains no culverts or bridges, and d) will allow the truck to make a full turn-around. If the driveway isn't accessible the delivery will be made at the base of the driveway.
DR Lawn Aerator
8.00 FPT, Manual-Start
I rented a different type from a rental company and it was horrible on even the slightest slopes that sloped down to the left. In that type of slope even having the right side up about 2" higher than the left caused it to shut off (oil sensor shutoff). On slopes with the left side higher, it would go to about a 20 degree bank or more without shutting off but then the slope would become too steep to track a straight path without veering downhill.
The tines have a core depth of up to 2.75 inches deep. You will need to make sure that the piping is deeper than that. It will damage the sprinklers if it comes in contact with them.
If you are using the ethanol gas, we recommend that you use a fuel additive. We offer Star Tron Fuel Treatment which works very well and will maintain the gas for up to 2 years.
Please contact us if you have further questions. PL
Is there anywhere in Australia I can buy This Machine do you have any stores in the Brisbane Area can you please advise
Does the electric start model have a pull rope also?
Can I save on the shipping if I have it shipped to one of your dealerships and pick it up there?
I live in South Texas with high temps requiring a lot of water on the lawn. The sand base allows the water to bleed off quickley so the roots are not as deep as a clay base soil. Will aeration help establish ar better root base or just allow the water to beed off quicker?
I'm wondering what ejects the plugs from the tine and is ejection ever a problem? Also I was surprised that there are just 3 tines on the machine, if I understood the previous Q/A.
How well does this aerator work in heavy clay soils? Would it have a problem with clogging?