DR Wood Chipper/Shredder
30.00 PRO-XL, Electric-Start
Our most powerful Chipper/Shredder. Takes branches up to 4-1/2" thick. Garden waste is pulverized by 48 free-swinging hammers. Road-towable up to 45mph.
Our Top-of-the-line Chipper Shredder!
Our PRO-XL model instantly turn tree branches up to 4-1/2" thick into bushels of beautiful wood chip mulch. But these machines are also powerful shredders, with 48 free-swinging hammers that pulverize weeds, prunings up to 1-1/2" thick, and garden refuse to create nutrient-rich mulch and compost for gardens and flower beds.
- Product Summary:
- 4-1/2" Chipping Capacity; 1-1/2" Shredding Capacity
- Briggs & Stratton 18 HP V-Twin OHV engine
- 20"x16" Shredding Hopper
- Centrifugal clutch for no-load starting and reduce wear
- 4-1/8" tool grade steel chipping knife
- 48-free-swinging hammers pulverize gathered materials
- Large, low-profile hopper for easy filling
- Ball Hitch for road towing
- Road-Towable up to 45 mph.
- 2-year warranty (90 days commercial use)
- Weight: 648 lbs.
Learn more about our PRO-XL chipper.
Massive Solid-Steel Flywheel
The PRO-XL model’s chipping knife is mounted to a flywheel that is cut from heavy steel (3/4" thick) and weighs 33 pounds. The spinning flywheel provides the inertia necessary for the chipper knife to power through knotty, hardwood branches at an incredible 38 bites per second.
The Pro-XL model’s chipper hopper opening (9" x 13") accepts 4.5” branches with little or no trimming of side branches. The shredder hopper opening is 20” x 18”, big enough to accept multiple stalks of quarter-inch thickness or less along with side branches and leaves.
The Pro-XL model features 48 free-swinging hammers that shred garden waste, lawn clippings, and weeds into useful, nutrient-rich mulch for your garden and flower beds. Each long-lasting hammer has three positions, allowing you to switch to a fresh set of shredding edges when performance starts to decline.
Heavy-Duty Steel Frame
Many chippers look like they're built to sit in one place. DR Chippers are made to be on the move, so you can get your chipper wherever you need to be on your property. We use rugged, welded-steel frames designed to withstand transport over punishing terrain year after year.
The Pro-XL model has DOT-approved tires and is road-towable at speeds up to 45 mph.
Powerful Vanguard Engine
The Pro-XL model Chipper/Shredder is powered by a high-end Vanguard model Briggs & Stratton engine. With 30.00 ft./lbs. of torque, it has plenty of power for tough projects and outstanding durability.
The commercial-grade centrifugal clutch used on our chippers is similar to those used in well drilling. There is no load on the engine until it reaches 1,600 rpm. If you do manage to find a branch tough enough to slow the engine to 1,600 rpm, the clutch will automatically disengage the engine until it's back up to speed.
Trucking Depot Delivery
- We ship to thousands of trucking terminals across the U.S. During checkout, submit your zip code to see a list of the trucking depots closest to your location.
- When picking up at depot, you will need a pickup truck or trailer to accommodate your machine. Most depots will load your machine into your vehicle.
- The business you select must have a loading and off-loading facility and accept delivery during normal business hours. You must make arrangements with the business to accept your delivery.
- Business locations could include feed stores, lumber yards, building supply centers, etc.
Standard Home Delivery
- Your home must be accessible by tractor-trailer*, and someone must be home to accept delivery.
- The truck driver is not required to unload your shipment. Additional fees will apply if the driver unloads your machine.
- On the day of delivery, we recommend you have a couple of sturdy 10-foot planks (2" thick x 10" wide, minimum) plus three helpers to help you remove the machine from the truck.
Enhanced Home Delivery
- Your machine will be removed from the truck by the driver and placed on the ground.
- Someone must be home to accept delivery and your home or driveway must be accessible to a tractor trailer*.
- Rush delivery is not available on freight shipments. We ship best method, depending on the delivery method you choose and your location.
- For both standard home delivery and our enhanced home delivery option, after we process your order and it leaves our factory, the freight company will call you to schedule a delivery time. The carrier will usually provide a 3-4 hour delivery window (for example, 8 am to noon).
- If the package arrives damaged, you must note it on the bill of lading. If your machine arrives damaged, call DR customer service at 1-800-376-9637 as soon as possible.
- You can also pick up your machine for free at a DR Factory Store. We have stores in Merrimack, NH, New Castle, DE, and Vergennes, VT. Please call us in advance, toll free at 1-800-687-6575 to make arrangements.
- * A driveway is considered accessible to a tractor trailer if it a) has no overhanging trees, b) has no power lines, c) contains no culverts or bridges, and d) will allow the truck to make a full turn-around. If the driveway isn't accessible the delivery will be made at the base of the driveway.
DR Wood Chipper/Shredder
30.00 PRO-XL, Electric-Start
I would like to use machine to shred boxes of waste bakery product. What do you think?
Need to charge the battery and can"t read the info on it
The CSR 180 EN is California Air Resources Board Compliant.
Please contact us if you have further questions. PL
How is the 18 HP delivered--On a palette? Do I need special equipment to remove it from the delivery truck?
We thank you for your interest. fc
The 48 hard metal hammers are durable and long lasting and will minimize your piles of lawn and garden debris into a rich compost or mulch for gardens and flower beds.
Thanks for your interest and question. ph
I am interested in purchasing your 18hp model chipper shredder. Can you give me some idea of how difficult it is to replace the chipper knives and hammers when they wear out? Cost?
Are the blades mounted on the crankshaft?
As a home owner in a HOA subdivision we are limited in space between houses, anything that needs to be moved needs to be lite or electric at the power source. With a yard waste curb service I find myself bundling up my waste and driving to the local store for mulch. I need an electric chipped that is self feed and can handle Palm frons from a Royal Palm. 4.5 inch in diameter.