DR Leaf and Lawn Vacuum
13.74 Pro-XL, Tow-Behind, Electric-Start
The top of the line! Features a world class Subaru engine (with a 5 year commercial or residential warranty), 306 gallon capacity, an onboard chipper, and significant reduction of collected materials.
Top-of-the-line gives you more of everything!
Our top-of-the-line model features the best air-cooled engine we've ever tested. The Subaru EX27 is a true commercial-quality engine with a 5-year commercial or residential warranty. Plus, the increased engine power allows the vacuum to collect more debris at higher travel speeds. Holds up to 306 gallons of material – all shredded to a fraction of its original volume. The built-in chipper turns 2" thick branches into woodchips.
The massive Shark-Teeth Impeller has a Lifetime Warranty. A patented Centrifugal Separator separates dirt from the airflow, reducing dust. And the durable polyethylene and PVC collector box stands up to the weather, and will never crack, tear or rot.
The Pro-XL model comes standard with a single point hitch which offers the best maneuverability, especially when working in tight quarters. An optional dual point hitch kit is also available.
Lawn Tractor Requirements:
Minimum of 14 HP engine, with right-side discharge chute. Can be used with most zero-turn mowers. Note: After you place your order, we'll provide a link to get additional information about your tractor to ensure proper hook-up with your new DR Leaf & Lawn Vacuum.
- Product Summary:
- Subaru Series - OHC Engine: 13.74 Ft. Lbs. Torque, single cast iron sleeve
- Electric start
- 306 gal collector capacity (dry gallons)
- Powerful shredding mechanism significantly reduces waste from its original volume
- Single Point Hitch
- Five-bladed, solid steel Shark-Teeth™ Impeller with Lifetime Warranty
- Patented Centrifugal Separator™ reduces dust
- Weather-resistant, hard-shell polyethylene and PVC collector box
- Warranty Coverage:
- Engine: 5 years residential; 5 year commercial
Powerful, commercial-grade Subaru engine
Our top-of-the line model features the best air cooled engine we've ever tested. The Subaru EX27 is a true commercial-quality engine with a 5-year commercial or residential warranty. Plus, the increased engine power allows the vacuum to collect more debris at higher travel speeds.
Vacuum hose cleans up all those hard-to-reach spots
Our quick-attach vacuum hose picks up just most yard debris — including pine cones, twigs, and nuts — from hard-to-reach spots. Easily gets under shrubs, in window wells, along foundations, under decks. Ergonomically designed for comfortable use.
Smooth hardshell panels allow for easy dumping
Thanks to the smooth surface of our hardshell collector, leaves and debris slide right out. Just back up to your dump site, tip the collector back (it's perfectly balanced for easy dumping), and drive away. Debris falls out on the spot!
Huge shredding capacity means less time spent unloading
The DR Leaf and Lawn Vacuum uses a patented steel impeller blade that's serrated. As leaves are drawn into the vacuum impeller, they are chopped and shredded into a fine mulch. This unique shredding action reduces leaves to a fraction of their original volume. That means more debris is collected before having to unload.
Solid steel impeller comes with a lifetime warranty
All lawn vacuums have an impeller. But only the DR Leaf and Lawn Vacuum features an impeller with a Lifetime Warranty. Made of solid steel, our Shark-Teeth™ impeller is guaranteed against bending or breaking for as long as you own your machine.
Dust reduction system lets you work in comfort
That's what its like when operating some lawn vacuums. Only the DR Leaf and Lawn Vacuum has a patented Centrifugal Separator™ that draws materials into the collector with centrifugal force and expels the cleaned air with little or no dust!
FlexShaft coupling protects engine from damage
The FlexShaft Engine Coupling connects the engine shaft of the DR Leaf and Lawn Vacuum to the impeller shaft. If a rock or other solid object is vacuumed up and it suddenly jams and stops the impeller the coupling absorbs the stress and shock load of the jam, and it protects your engine from damage. A DR exclusive.
Built-in wood chipper chips branches as you go.
Say goodbye to ugly brush piles. The DR Leaf and Lawn Vacuum is available with a built-in high-speed chipper that makes fast work of prunings, small saplings, and branches up to 2 inches in diameter. As a branch is run through the chipper, the wood chips are deposited into the collector, so there's nothing to pick up or clean up after chipping.
Trailer Jack Stand Makes Transport Easy
The Trailer Jack Stand (standard on all current models) holds your DR Leaf and Lawn Vacuum level while you transport it, attach it to your towing vehicle, or while it is not in use.
Trucking Depot Delivery
- We ship to thousands of trucking terminals across the U.S. During checkout, submit your zip code to see a list of the trucking depots closest to your location.
- When picking up at depot, you will need a pickup truck or trailer to accommodate your machine. Most depots will load your machine into your vehicle.
- The business you select must have a loading and off-loading facility and accept delivery during normal business hours. You must make arrangements with the business to accept your delivery.
- Business locations could include feed stores, lumber yards, building supply centers, etc.
Standard Home Delivery
- Your home must be accessible by tractor-trailer*, and someone must be home to accept delivery.
- The truck driver is not required to unload your shipment. Additional fees will apply if the driver unloads your machine.
- On the day of delivery, we recommend you have a couple of sturdy 10-foot planks (2" thick x 10" wide, minimum) plus three helpers to help you remove the machine from the truck.
Enhanced Home Delivery
- Your machine will be removed from the truck by the driver and placed on the ground.
- Someone must be home to accept delivery and your home or driveway must be accessible to a tractor trailer*.
- Rush delivery is not available on freight shipments. We ship best method, depending on the delivery method you choose and your location.
- For both standard home delivery and our enhanced home delivery option, after we process your order and it leaves our factory, the freight company will call you to schedule a delivery time. The carrier will usually provide a 3-4 hour delivery window (for example, 8 am to noon).
- If the package arrives damaged, you must note it on the bill of lading. If your machine arrives damaged, call DR customer service at 1-800-376-9637 as soon as possible.
- You can also pick up your machine for free at a DR Factory Store. We have stores in Merrimack, NH, New Castle, DE, and Vergennes, VT. Please call us in advance, toll free at 1-800-687-6575 to make arrangements.
- * A driveway is considered accessible to a tractor trailer if it a) has no overhanging trees, b) has no power lines, c) contains no culverts or bridges, and d) will allow the truck to make a full turn-around. If the driveway isn't accessible the delivery will be made at the base of the driveway.
We will try to contact you concerning the issue you are having, but feel free to contact our Tech Support department toll free at 1-800-687-6575. Tech Support is open Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. Eastern Time (UTC-5) November thru March. The rest of the year Tech is open Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC-5) and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (UTC-5).
Thanks again for leaving a review. We’re glad you are enjoying it!
Response from Tech Support: Thank you for posting a review to our website. We are sorry to learn you are not fully satisfied with the purchase of your Lawn & Leaf Vac.
We will try to contact you concerning the issue you are having, but feel free to contact our Tech Support department toll free at 1-800-687-6575. The Tech department is open 5 days a week November thru March. Our Call Center is staffed Monday thru Friday 8:30 AM to 5 PM, EST.
Thanks again for leaving a review. We will pass your comments to our Product Development department for review.
DR Leaf and Lawn Vacuum
13.74 Pro-XL, Tow-Behind, Electric-Start
I have a 19.5 horse Dixon 0 turn 42" mower.
Can the DR Leaf and Lawn Vacuum 13.74 Pro-XL, Tow-Behind be attached to the John Deere 1025 FILB Sub-Compact utility Rector with a 60" mower deck?
Just to clarify. I may chose to blow the hopper contents off into a wooded area and not actually dump. Does the "Discharge Hose" accessory allow me to do that and if so would it take long to suck out the hopper?
I bought the pro xl vacum in nov. of 2012 and use it in my lawncare buissness. Ive been through 2 of these chutes that go from the shredder to hopper due to cracking and seperation at various points. why wasnt this part made out of the same metal as the housing for the shredder unit? also ive been through 2 suction hoses that run from the mower deck to the vacum due to holes. any chance dr will make them out of something other than the plastic vinyl they are using now.
We also offer an optional vacuum hose that attaches quickly and easily to the vacuum. The 14-foot hose picks up any type of organic debris and is great for any hard to reach areas.
Thanks for your interest and question. (ph)
I've searched all the previous questions, followed all the links I could find, and looked at all the available videos near as I can tell. I still don't see anything that comes close to showing the dumping process in detail. I want to see it from the time I back into a dump spot and get off the tractor, to the point the box is emptied. What happens in between is extremely important in understanding just how much work this saves (or doesn't). If there is such a video I'd like to see it and if there isn't, why not? Thanks!!
I have a 19.5 horse Dixon 0 turn 42" mower.
I'm considering purchasing the 13.74 PRO-XL to handle leaves and sticks on my 4 acre property. It would also be required to handle manure collection for two horses. Will the 27 HP Kawasaki engine be able to handle manure?
I HAVE A GRASSHOPPER WITH FRONT MOUNTED DECK. WITH A TOW BEHIND LAWN VAC WOULD BE TOO LONG. I AM SEEKING A UNIT WITH OWN COLLECTION SYSTEM THAT CAN BE PULLED WITH A 4-WHEELER, GOLF CART, ETC. I HAVE A 3 ACRE YARD SO A WALK, SELF PROPELLED IS NOT REASONABLE.
Certified for sale in california
My lawnmower mulches and spreads out the grass and leaves. Will this lawn vacuum pick up the spread out grass and leaves behind a four wheeler or do I need to attach to my lawn mower?
I need something to pull along ditch lines on a farm road to clear leaves from the ditch to prevent cloggin the ditch. Using a lawn mower is not an option on the uneven ditches.
I have several Sweet Gum trees in my yard and the balls are very messy. These balls are 1 1/2'' in diameter and light after they have dried and fell off of the tree. I would use this lawn vacuum to pick up the leaves and balls off of these trees and would probably use the attachment to pick up the leaves and balls that have been blown up in a pile by the lawn mower. It would be hard to use mower deck to pick up the leaves and balls under the trees with low limbs. I wondered how well this machine would work in this situation and if you have had any customers that use this machine for this application?
Will the Pro fit my Lazer Z and how does it attach to the ztr?
I have a Toro Timecutter zero turn and want to know if this will attach to my mower and work well.
YOU TOLD US WHAT IT WEIGHTS EMPTY, WHICH NOBODY ASKED. YOU TOLD US THE ANGLE THAT IT DUMPS AT BUT I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SEE YOU DUMP IT WHEN IT IS FULL. 1. DO I HAVE TO GET OFF THE SEAT? OR CAN I DO IT FROM THERE? 2. IF I DO OR DON'T GET OFF THE SEAT, WHAT DO I DO NEXT? 3.WHAT DO I NEED TO REMOVE? 4.WHAT DO I NEED TO UNHOOK? 5.HOW OR WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN TO GET IT TO EMPTY? HOW ABOUT SOME DETAILED PICTURES OR A MOVIE.
I am trying to make a purchase decision. Our property is covered with 60' ponderosa pines. I would tow the vacuum with a 20HP John Deere lawn mower. Can I expect to be able to vacuum up the thousands of pine cones dropped by these trees in a season? Also, is the "satisfaction guarantee" such that I could purchase the machine and then return it if I find it can't do the job on pine cones?
In particular, just south of Ottawa, Canada. thanks
Will I need more hose or a different boot attachment.
My yard is full of sweetgum trees and, besides the leaves is also covered with sweetgum balls. Am interested in the 13.74 model if it will pick up these "sticky" balls.